What We Do
The North Northamptonshire Joint Planning and Delivery Unit (JPDU) is responsible for leading and advising on the Joint Core Strategy (JCS) and supporting the delivery of growth in North Northamptonshire.
We assist the four local authorities and Northamptonshire County Council on the implementation of the JCS providing advice on strategic planning, design and delivery.
Key work includes:
- Support in the in implementation of the Joint Core Strategy
- Co-ordination and preparation of supplementary planning documents on sustainable design
- Co-ordination of technical studies to ensure that planning documents are sound and based on a robust evidence base
- Design and sustainability advice to the partner Local Planning Authorities to ensure that development achieves the highest viable standards of Design and Sustainability
- Preparation of an Infrastructure Delivery Plan to support the identified growth in the Plans.
- Support in the delivery of six Garden Communities across the North Northamptonshire area
- Support and co-ordination of funding bids
- Support and collaborative working across the four local authorities through shared meetings, training events and site visits